Medi-Cal(Medicaid) Business Analyst/SAS Analyst
The ideal candidate for this position has a diverse, extensive background in Medicaid (Medi-Cal) and Medicare policy and programs, including policy analysis, program design, implementation, and evaluation, quality management and improvement, and advanced analytics and reporting (using SAS and Business Objects). This position has responsibility for the successful completion of analytical consulting services to Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) programs areas such as Audit & Investigations, Managed Care, In Home Support Services, Medi-Cal Eligibility, etc. Areas of expertise include but are not limited to:
· Identification of Medi-Cal fraud and abuse
· Expertise in specialized areas, such as pharmacy and dental
· Private sector health industry standards related to Medicaid
· Specialized report development (SAS and Business Objects)
· Expertise in HIPAA reporting requirements
· Decision support and modeling concepts
· Medicaid Waiver Programs
The analyst in this position is responsible for complex, clinically-oriented detection, analysis and reporting of patterns and trends focused on access, quality and outcomes while considering health care utilization and costs. The analyst serves as a direct point of contact for California DHCS staff, regarding the implementation and completion of consulting activities and deliverables, including analysis and reporting. Ensures that consulting services meet key end user information and reporting needs, are of the highest caliber, and are delivered on-time with appropriate attention to resources. The analyst writes deliverables, technical documents, business rules, user documentation and other types of documents as well as creates PowerPoint presentations.
This position requires:
· Knowledge and experience with state Medicaid; Medi-Cal experience desirable
· Proficient SAS base or SAS EG
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with strong analytical skills and the ability to think through and resolve complex problems independently
· Excellent writing skills that allow analyst to independently produce high quality professional documents and presentations.
· Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills, able to work well under deadlines in a changing environment and perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently
· Able to both work independently and within a collaborative, team-oriented environment using sound judgment in decision-making
· Able to analyze and process state statutes, regulations and administrative codes
· Proficient in MS Office and MS Visio
· Business Objects experience is desirable
· 5+ years of business analyst experience
· 3+ year experience using SAS
· 5+ years of experience gathering and documenting project requirements and specifications
· 5+ years of experience with System Development Life Cycle
Minimum Education is an undergraduate degree in applicable area of expertise or equivalent experience.
Position is full-time and all work will be done at the client site in Sacramento, California.
Selected candidate must be legally authorized to work in the
Relocation costs will not be paid.